A good Thursday to everyone! I think that everyone needs a kick in the butt at times to get back to writing (I sure do!) and think that we could all use some jump-starts! That will be the central theme of this week’s Thursday Thirteen.
For those who don’t know, this is a common writing excersize where you get a jump-start sentence and use that to write down a few pages or paragraphs. It just helps you get the juices flowing.
Do *you* have something you wrote based on these? Have a good jump-start sentence of your own? Please let me know in the comments.
|Thirteen jump-start sentences by Aaron Crocco
1. My key wouldn’t unlock the door, which is odd because it worked just an hour ago.
2. I couldn’t take it anymore and knew jumping seemed to be my only option.
3. The power went out just as I was ready to hit save.
4. Turning around, I saw the Mustang slam into her.
5. Why couldn’t I tell her that I loved her?
6. I knew death was only a moment away.
7. My life was about to change but I wondered why now.
8. I wanted to hit him but I couldn’t.
9. I prayed.
10. My legs burned from running for so long.
11. She had been gone so long that I couldn’t hear her voice anymore.
12. You should probably bring him along.
13. Even if no one listens, I feel like I did my best.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
What a way to get writing. I had to concentrate to get through the list because I got sidetracked with the stories in my head. I hope all the writing teachers out there are using exercises like this. Happy TT!
Would be fun to read stories that were jumpstarted by those sentences! I usually just start rambling when I write because I forget all my great inspirations that I had thought of at inopportune times when i couldn’t jot them down. 🙂
Great great list!!!
Mines up, happy thursday
If you keep working like that you’ll be able to put them all together. Happy TT