Happy Thursday! This week, I wanted to keep it light and fun. While not writing-related at all, I figure this is my blog and I’m allowed to have some off-topic things here and there. I’ve decided to go with things I’ve learned from movies, which I hope you enjoy.
What movies have *you* learned from? I’d love for you to let me know in the comments.
|Thirteen things I’ve learned from movies by Aaron Crocco.
1. If you’re going to put a time machine into a car, do it with style. -Back to the Future
2. If someone asks you if you’re a god you say yes. -Ghostbusters
3. Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you can miss it. -Ferris Bueller
4. Anger leads to the dark side. -Star Wars
5. If you’re going to be in the mafia, make sure you’re friends with Joe Pesci. -Goodfellas
6. If all your limbs have been severed, you can still attack by biting someones ankles. -Monty Python & the Holy Grail
7. Don’t ever steal using the “Superman 3” method. -Office Space
8. Once someone double or triple dog-dare’s you on something, you’re committed. -A Christmas Story
9. Angelina Jolie can hack any computer. -Hackers
10. If you’re on a tight deadline for a report about historical figures, hope George Carlin comes by with a phone booth. -Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
11. When in jail, ask for a small rock-cutting tool to dig yourself out. -The Shawshank Redemption
12. Don’t piss off the robots because they’ll turn you into batteries. -The Matrix
13. Interfereing with your parents meeting can be detrimental to your health. -Back to the Future
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Great site you’ve got here! You can count on me to be back for more soon. 🙂
Thank you for visiting and your kind words. I hope to have you back soon.
Oh, funny! Good T-13!
Ok this is good. Hubby (www.valtool.blogspot.com) would love this, I hope I remember to tell him. We love these!
Mines up over at Random Thoughts and I have a fun question for any readers!
Have a good day!
Carol- Thank you! Happy Thursday.
Amy- Thanks for coming. I’ll be sure to check out your blog in a bit.
Thanks for stopping by!
The Ghostbusters one just cracked me up. But they were all good.
I love the Shawshank Redemption–the best ever!
Really funny post 🙂
Answering your question I have learned that on a rode trip never pick up a random girl and after sex with her leave her in the car while all the guy take piss breaks lol. In the movie Grind that happens and the girl takes off leaving the guys in the middle of the desert.
If you’re gonna break valuables, break them like you mean it – Martian Child
Don’t miss 60B – Elizabethtown
Sometimes you’re not dead. you’re just *mostly* dead – Princess Bride
Cigarettes comes pre-smoked – Stranger Than Fiction
That’s all I could think of at the moment.
Neat thirteen 🙂