The past few days in the writing blogosphere seem to have been busy with my fellow writers. It seems that the ever insightful Auria Cortes and the always interesting Stephanie from Watch Your Steph tagged me in two seperate memes. I had a pretty busy day at work yesterday and so I was unable to get these posted quickly. I also gave you guys two posts as is and I figured “how much can these people take of me in one day?!?” and I figured you all have an Aaron-tolerance. 🙂
So without any further delay, here’s my two memes:
We’ll begin with Stephanie’s:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
1. Relient K- This Week The Trend. This group sings ‘christian rock’ but they don’t really. I don’t know how to explain them, but I would classify it as more spiritual. Regardless (since I’m not religious) the group has great punk-style songs. This is a common entry on my recent playlists.
2. U2- Orignal Of The Species. This song was featured on Apple’s commercial for the first video iPod. Just another gem from one of the best bands ever.
3. The Smashing Pumpkins- Summer. A B-side song that no one knows really knows about. This is a rare song where James Iha sings instead of Billy Corgan and it’s a mellow song.
4. Barenaked Ladies- If I Had $1,000,000. You may know this from the older NY Lottery commercials. I know it as the song I’ve been waking up to for the past two weeks. (I use my iPod for my alarm clock)
5. Tom Cochrane- Life Is A Highway. Classic 90’s one-hit-wonder track that I love to listen to when I’m driving my weekend sports car. It just gets you into a driving mood.
6. Men Without Hats- Safety Dance. See above but replace 90’s with 80’s.
7. Coldplay- Viva La Viva. You may have heard this on the new iTunes commercial. Coldplay is just one of those bands that throws good songs out there when you think you won’t like them. This single has a great beat and is just overall a lot of fun to listen to.
Meme #2 (A-Z) from Auria:
A-Attached or Single? Does this count for ‘A’ since I’m married? lol
B-Best Friend? My college freshman roomate.
C-Cake or Pie? Cake. Chocolate please with tons of icing or buttercream. I have a mega-sweet tooth.
D-Day of Choice? I’ll go with Saturday. That’s kind of a no-brainer.
E-Essential Items? Wow, how long can this answer be? hehe. Here’s the absolute minimum: My Mac, iPhone, iPod, TiVo, Kindle.
F-Favorite Color? Grey. Yeah I know people tell me that isn’t a real color but I love it.
G-Gummy Bears or Worms? Doesn’t really matter to me. I’d go with bears but both are good.
H-Hometown? I never understood this question because does it mean the town I grew up in or the town I live in now? I always say the town I grew up in, which is East Meadow, NY.
I-Indulgence? This is tough but I’ll go with a toss-up between technology and ice cream.
J-January or July? Eh, both are overrated. I’ll pick January because I hate the heat.
K-Kids? None that I know of! *ZING!* LOL. Those are still a few years off for me.
L-Life isn’t complete without…happiness. Everything is replaceable except people and people who care.
M-Marriage Date? I don’t even know what this means.
N-Number of Siblings? Z-E-R-O.
O-Oranges or Apples? Apples. They’re a great portable snack.
P-Phobias or Fears? Needles. Don’t come near me asking to take my blood!
Q-Quote? There’s a few: “Knowledge equals power”, “If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything” and “If you’re going to do it, do it right”.
R-Reason to Smile? Knowing my life has some stability when others are in complete chaos.
S-Superman or Wonder Woman? First off, it’s Super-Girl. Second they’re both lame attempts to get women into comic books.
T-Tag 5 people. I don’t even know five people! lol. I’m gonna cheat and just put down Stephanie from Watch Your Steph.
V-Vegetables? Peas & carrots. Yum.
W-Worst Habit? Biting my nails.
X-Ray or Ultrasound? You can’t compare the two and I don’t want to be in a situation where I’d need either of them.
Y-Your Favorite Food? Ice cream or anything with chocolate. Even….. chocolate ice cream!
Z-Zodiac Sign? Fishes.