And we’re back after a few weeks off for another Thursday filled with thirteen great things for all Copious Notes readers to see! For this week, I want to let you know about my writing environment. I like to have certain situations and things going on when I write. I think it helps stimulate the creative.
What do *you* need when you write? I’d love for you to let me know in the comments.
|Thirteen things I like to have while I write by Aaron Crocco.
1. A filled cup of Senseo Coffee.
2. Music playing (preferably Pandora).
3. A clean desktop where all programs are closed including my GMail notifier.
4. A full belly always helps, so I try to eat beforehand or have a snack on my desk.
5. All my email has to already have been read.
6. Any websites I want to read have to have been visited.
7. I like to know how long my writing time will be.
8. I like to re-read the previous 1-2 pages so I know exactly where I am.
9. Since I’m on a mac, I like to have my Dictionary widget open and ready in Dashboard
10. I like to set a low goal of how much I want to write (2 pages, 1,000 words, etc) where even if I want to stop writing, I still can accomplish something.
11. I like to make sure all bathroom breaks are taken care of before I sit down. I’m sure you will all agree that they are quite destracting.
12. I like to write during the day.
13. The temperature needs to be at a comfortable level. I hate writing in a sweatshirt or in next-to-nothing.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants