Hello Thursday! I’m sure you can tell right away from visiting here that I love to write. I think many people do, regardless if they actually write or not. For me, I’ve decided it’s something I want to pursue and I’m trying to make something of it.
For this week’s list of thirteen items, I’ll list why I write. I’d love to know why *you* write. Please let me know in the comments.
|Thirteen reasons I write by Aaron Crocco
1. It’s a fantastic way to get emotions from the day out of my head.
2. It’s a thrill to actually create something from scratch.
3. When a character does something unexpected, I know then that they are truly alive.
4. It’s nice to know you’re good at something different than your day job.
5. I find it exciting to be part of something larger and to know there is a great community here.
6. Validation by other writers is my biggest driving force.
7. Creating your own world is fun.
8. It’s great to know you get to dictate how a story ends. If I don’t like something, I simply change it.
9. The thought of possibly publishing, while very difficult, is a constant goal to have.
10. I get to read the works of other great writers out there.
11. Writing has gotten me to read more. (See all posts tagged with Kindle)
12. Finishing a paragraph or chapter lets me know that I can do this.
13. Accomplishment is the greatest feeling in the world.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants